Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Essay 1

3. Discuss "Our Hurried Children" as it relates to "A&P" or "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been

I choose to do one of the topics Clary purposed, her choice 3, to discuss "Our Hurried Children" as it relates to "A&P" or "Where are you Going, Where have you been."
I think that for my first essay I will compare the thoughts of Elkind with the way that Connie and Arnold Friend act throughout the story. Connie is a prime example of what Elkind was talking about, how a child grows up much too fast.

In Connies case, things went wrong, and throughout my essay I will provide an argument as to why it is bad for children to mature to quickly and the counter argument discussing why sometimes it may be necessary for a child to mature before it is ready.

I am excited about reading everyones first essays, and seeing what their ideas on how to take these short stories we read and turn them into argumentitive essays. I think this process will be very different from the process of writing our other essays becuase we are comparing a fictional story to real life.

No comments: