Thursday, April 17, 2008

Essay 2

Essay 2 is about family life. We ahve many stories in this unit including, "Bone Black," "I Stand Here Ironing," "Sonnys Blues," "Rappaccinis Daughter," and the film Ordinary People. For my essay I am going to talk about the idea of safety and security in a household. I have been talking about this idea through most of my blogs and it was brought up that this would be a good topic to write about. I feel passionatly enough about safety in homes that I think I can write a good essay about it.

For my essay my main focuses will be "I Stand Here Ironing," "Bone Black," and the film Ordinary People. All of these stories/movies are against the idea that saefty is a huge part of home life. In all of these stories/movies safety and security is missing and therefore, could be the cause of many problems. For my outside resources I am going to try to find other stories that show safety in homes, and benefits from that. I was wondering if we could use personal interviews with friends or family members.

I am more excited about this essay and I hope to use my time wisely and produce a wonderful essay.

1 comment:

Clary said...

I like your idea about safety. Stay away from anecdotal evidence (interviews with friends) except as a way to introduce your claim. Instead of other stories, I would also steer you towards non-fiction essays that can help you support your idea that safety is sought in families and when missing, can have disastrous consequences. This is rather broad right now, so how can you better focus this idea?